Tuesday, January 27, 2009

How I got here and a glimpse at the story.

In August I was married to my beautiful wife and soon moved to Pittsburgh. On arrival I felt like illegal alien, hiding my Cleveland heritage from the now Super Bowl bound Steelers Country. Not knowing a soul other then my new wife and our Great Aunt Dot, I began praying for God to open and close door for me. And this is where the journey began...

We started going to church on the North Side, an area stricken by poverty and crime. Soon after we began attending my wife got wind of a drama organization in need of volunteers. The Urban Impact Performing Arts Department sent a call to local churches asking for volunteers to help with their Choir and Drama classes. With time to spare, my wife and I answered and began volunteering. As the doors opened and God guided volunteering became leading and leading became working.

So now I am a missionary! In Pittsburgh? Yes, on the North Side of the Steel City. I am blistering with excitement about the impact God is going to have on these kids and how he is already using my wife and I in the process. I am now planning and teaching four Drama Classes at the Performing Arts Academy, designing for the performing arts, continuing to volunteer with the choir, and raising support for Laura and I while we are North Side missionaries. This is exciting and God has already blessed so much of it, and I am happy to say I am almost 1/3 of the way through support raising.

You may ask, "What can I do to help?" First of all PRAY, PRAY, PRAY. This is the best place to start. To know that you are praying for my wife and I and our ministry blesses us more than a money ever would or will. If you want to give, it will help, but please remember us in your prayers. If you want to give some time, money, equipment, etc. let me know I'm sure Urban Impact will put it to good use. Also if you have any questions or want specific prayer requests from me or Urban Impact this is a great place to ask for them.

All in all, keep in touch and us in your prayers.

Thank you all

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eric,
    Gary and I were very moved by your support raising letter at Christmas time. We have been praying about it and feel that the Lord wants us to be prayer and financial supporters. I will fill out the support letter and get it in the mail to you.
    We definitely see God's sovereign hand in preparing you and Laura for such a ministry. Keep trusting in the Lord's provision and leading.

    Your friends in Christ,
    Kathy and Gary

    ReplyDelete