Friday, March 13, 2009

Kids Can Really be Adorable... when they're not calling you hoopty

As a follow up to my last blog, after choir on Tuesday when I got off the bus several students ran up to me yelling, "Hey hoopty! Wheres ya hoopty at?" It was nice, but it makes me wonder, "Were they calling me hoopty and if so what does that mean?"

I also want to take this time to follow up on a few prayer requests I have posted.

I innitially asked for more young men to be involved with the drama classes on Thursday nights. Since then young men have been coming back and even inviting their friends. I think some of this is because they like improv, but I know God is moving in their lives.

One of our students also had an audition for Hope college. His audition went great, and he got some great feedback from the professors. Overall he didn't like the college (a little too "Hippyish"), but he felt he nailed the audition.

I have constantly been asking for prayer about raising support, and God continues to provide for us. In less than three months over half of the support has been raised, which is a huge, huge, huge blessing. I know I have much more to go and it will still be tough, but that has been an incredible encouragement to Laura and I

Overall the drama classes have been going very well and I love being here. God is really doing some amazing things with these kids and it is a trememdous pleasure to be a part of it.


Thank you God!


PAA Story of the Week:

This week in the elementary class we read through Sir Humphrey's Honeystands, clearly based on the parable of the unmerciful servant. Suprisingly the kids took right to it and really enjoyed going through the show. But what made me really smile was when I looked over and two of the little girls who had some trouble with the larger words were sitting on either side of my wife, Laura. Laura would occasionally lean over to one and help them with their lines and by the end both of them were resting their heads on her. It was very cute. Kind of like the Ewoks taking to Han Solo, but a little different. Later Laura and I were talking and she said one of the little girls noticed her wedding ring, and Laura told her we were married. The little girl looked up at her and said, "You musta thought he was crazy when you first met?" Laura said, "Yes."

Prayer Requests:

  • The "Everything" Drama Laura and I are working on with the high schoolers
  • For God to encourage me on this second half of support raising
  • Some of the students in the choir are really going through some troubles
  • the Urban Impact Singers (The summer group)

Hope you all have a wonderful week!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Eric and Laura,
    Enjoyed your blog (as always). Sounds like you both are making inroads with the kids...all ages! Your stories are funny and poignant at the same time. It always amazes me the effects of agape love and how it moves in hearts and tears down walls of distrust. Hang in there...we appreciate what the Lord is doing through you.

    I think of 1 Thessalonians 1:2,3 when I pray for you.

    ReplyDelete