Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Planning, blah, blah, blah

I started to write a post last week but soon realized it was not necessarily the most interesting or exciting. It kind of went something like this:

Planning, planning, blah, blah, blah, planning, blah, blah, blah...

I am still in the planning process, but I wanted to update everyone with whats been going on here in Pittsburgh. It has been a strange time of ups an downs. While my life has remained rather steady in the past few weeks, family, friends, and some of our Urban Impact kids' lives have been rocked. Rocked by great things like my little niece and the sudden barrage of lots of little nephews (all of which I am trying to instill a love of Star Wars), but also rocked by many unexpected health problems and deaths. All the while I have been an onlooker, while crying at times, but really spending a lot of time listening and mulling over what's happening. Although this is a time where I have seen the fragility of life I have even more overwhelmingly seen the strength of God in those who know and trust in him...

In this spot I tried to write something really "deep", but it sounded really cheesy. So this is the bottom line: knowing that I will see someone again in heaven, after death, comforts me. Yes, I still grieve and probably cry more than most other men, but I know what God has promised to be true. This is why I am here.

God's promises make all the planning blah, blah worth it.

Prayer Request:

  • Summer Programs: Tuesday Nights and Young Men's Bible study!
  • Summer Concert at my College Church
  • My Grandma
  • North Side Neighborhood Renewal Project (The Urban Impact Drama Team will be Performing Thursday Night)

Thank you,

eric

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for finding the time to share about your world there. I am sure that you were a great comfort to those students and families in their loss. Just being there and listening communicates the love of Christ..."weeping with those that weep" is a way of bearing their loss.

    You know that I will keep praying for your requests. I appreciate all that you and Laura are doing in the name of the Lord.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete