Friday, February 13, 2009

The snow has melted! This may not sound like a big deal to readers in St. Croix or Florida, but for me it is quite wonderful. Last Saturday it got up into the fifties and was the first day in a while that I had a morning free. Laura and I took advantage of it and enjoyed the day by walking to the grocery store. We picked up off brand Q-tips! (They clean our ears just as well.) The rest of the walk include going to Walnut St. and looking for people walking their dogs. If you did not know this already Laura loves dogs. When we first got married I almost got into an accident while driving because Laura yelled "PUPPY!" every time she saw a dog to which I thought she meant, "Slam on your breaks, a dog is about to run out into the road." I now know it is her own little I spy game she plays in hopes of seeing a dog and not a warning to screech to a halt.

The rest of the week has also had a few fun highlights as well. On Monday I had an audition for a show at the Pittsburgh Playhouse. The audition went very well, but I didn't get the part. This may seem like an upset to most actors, but I know the show was not right for me. Even better than not getting the part was the positive response I got from the Director. She actually sent me an email saying how happy she was to meet and she hopes to work with me in the future. This may not seem like much, but usually after an audition you either get the part or never hear from them again. So, to hear back at all is very encouraging.

This Thursday at the Performing Arts Academy went well again. The kids had a lot of energy which is a double edge sword. This inevitably made Laura and I very tired by the end of the night, but it was well worth it. Some of the kids miss Ms. Jill (last year's teacher) a lot and are having a difficult time allowing Laura and I to teach, but I know we just need to work harder to gain their trust. This being said there were still some very encouraging moments. In the elementary school class we were praying after our warm up, and one little girl asked if she could pray. Once we started to pray she popped her head back up and said she didn't know how to pray. I told her to thank God for everything he has given us, and so she bowed her head and and said, "Thank you God for everything you have given us."

This makes it all worth it.


Prayer Requests:

For God to guide the transition from Ms. Jill to Laura and I

For the students auditioning for CAPA

For Laura and I to be a light in the secular world of theatre


Hope you all have a wonderful Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment